Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hong Kong Street Eating


It is customary for Hong Kong restaurants and caf├ęs to serve customers with cups of water or hot tea upon sitting at the tables.

Coming from Singapore, I was at a loss of what to do with the water or tea. I have presumed these tea and water is free and is served for consumption purposes. That was what I have always supposed until I saw a couple of Hong Kongers washing their utensils with the water and tea. Upon seeing it, I thought of vomiting what I have drunk as I was unsure whether the fluids I have downed my throat was potable in the first place!

Anyway, I have not bothered to ask the waiters in the restaurant on the purpose of the fluids served free for customers. Anyway, I believe these fluids are for drinking but these could be used for the washing of utensils if the customers want … correct me if I am wrong.